Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Hao; Wang, FangYu; Jia, Rui; Hao, Junfang; Du, Jiaru; Niu, Yan; Han, Sifang; Deng, Ruiguang; Zhang, Gaiping
- Journal of virological methods 2019
- Ranavirus, etc ; DNA-directed DNA polymerase; Iridovirus; betaine; epizootic diseases; farming systems; farms; genes; magnesium; mortality; nucleic acids; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; polymerase chain reaction; rapid methods; salamanders and newts; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Giant salamander iridovirus (GSIV) belongs to the epizootic genus Ranavirus, and is the cause of epidemic diseases associated with high mortality and great losses to artificial breeding and farming. Here, we established a simple, accurate, and reliable cross-priming amplification (CPA) method to detect GSIV. The CPA assay targets the major caspid protein gene of the GSIV genome to design crossing ...
- Allender, Matthew C.; Bunick, David; Mitchell, Mark A.
- Journal of virological methods 2013 v.188 no.1-2 pp. 121-125
- Ranavirus, etc ; blood; coat proteins; disease detection; disease outbreaks; disease surveillance; fish; frogs; mortality; plasmids; population; quantitative analysis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; turtles; viruses; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Ranavirus has caused disease epidemics and mass mortality events globally in free-ranging fish, amphibian, and reptile populations. Viral isolation and conventional PCR are the most common methods for diagnosis. In this study, a quantitative real-time PCR (qPCR) assay was developed using a TaqMan probe-based assay targeting a highly conserved region of the major capsid protein of frog virus 3-like ...