Jump to Main Content
- Hanaki, Ken-Ichi; Ike, Fumio; Hatakeyama, Rika; Hirano, Norio
- Journal of virological methods 2013 v.187 no.2 pp. 222-227
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; cattle; feces; humans; mice; monitoring; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification; swine; viruses; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Mouse hepatitis virus (MHV) is one of the most prevalent viruses detected in laboratory mouse colonies. Enterotropic strains predominate in natural infections, and molecular techniques for the detection of MHV shedding in feces are powerful enough to diagnose active infections. A reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) technique was developed for the detection of rod ...
- Yang, Jinhua; Sun, Zhiping; Wang, Yuyan; Lv, Jun; Qu, Di; Ye, Rong
- Journal of virological methods 2011 v.172 no.1-2 pp. 46-53
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; RNA; cytopathogenicity; genes; giant cells; mice; mutation; protein synthesis; proteins; rats; virus replication; viruses; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Mouse hepatitis virus (MHV) produces a series of subgenomic RNAs for viral protein expression. As a prototype coronavirus, MHV has been explored extensively and is often used to express foreign proteins. Previously, a 13-residue deletion in the MHV spike (S) protein endodomain was found to reduce syncytium formation dramatically while inhibiting virus replication slightly. In this study, the effec ...