Jump to Main Content
- Rodrigues, Jennifer K.; Teles, Diêgo A.; Filho,, João A. Araujo; Teixeira, Adonias A. Martins; Mesquita, Daniel O.; Ribeiro, Samuel C.
- Journal of wildlife diseases 2018 v.54 no.2 pp. 397-399
- chiggers, etc ; Leptodactylus; Neotropics; frogs; semiarid zones; Brazil; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... We identified Miranda's white-lipped frog (Leptodactylus macrosternum) as a new host for chiggers (Hannemania sp.). A total of 57 larvae of Hannemania sp. were found on 31 frogs examined from a semiarid region of northeastern Brazil. ...
- Ott-Conn, Caitlin N.; Woods, Leslie W.; Clifford, Deana L.; Branston, Tammy; Foley, Janet
- Journal of wildlife diseases 2015 v.51 no.3 pp. 680-687
- chiggers, etc ; Microtus californicus; Neotrombicula; body condition; dermatitis; ears; histopathology; risk factors; small mammals; voles; California; Mojave Desert; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The Amargosa vole (Microtus californicus scirpensis) is a profoundly endangered rodent found only in the Central Mojave Desert, Inyo County, California, US. In 2010, severe cases of trombiculiasis, caused by larval Neotrombicula microti mites, were discovered among voles and sympatric small mammals. We evaluated Amargosa voles and sympatric rodents for infestation with N. microti December 2011–Nov ...