Jump to Main Content
- Iizuka, Kazuya; Toya, Narumi; Ohshima, Jyunichi; Ishiguri, Futoshi; Miyamoto, Naoko; Aizawa, Mineaki; Ohkubo, Tatsuhiro; Takenaka, Chisato; Yokota, Shinso
- Journal of wood science 2018 v.64 no.1 pp. 59-64
- Cryptomeria japonica; absorption; accidents; cesium; correlation; forest resources; heartwood; nuclear power; pith; potassium; power plants; prediction; radionuclides; sapwood; stemwood; trees; water content
- ... To utilize forest resources in areas affected by fallout from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant accident, it is important to understand the mechanisms of ¹³⁷Cs movement through the stem wood of contaminated trees. Understanding the mechanism of absorption and migration of ¹³⁷Cs to stem wood is necessary for clues to the future prediction of the transition of ¹³⁷Cs to xylem. In the present ...
- Inagaki, Tetsuya; Asanuma, Yuuki; Tsuchikawa, Satoru
- Journal of wood science 2018 v.64 no.1 pp. 6-15
- Chamaecyparis obtusa; Zelkova serrata; hardwood; heat treatment; kinetics; near-infrared spectroscopy; principal component analysis; softwood; temperature; water content
- ... We selectively assessed the thermal and hygrothermal treatment times of duplex heat-treated samples from the softwood hinoki cypress (Chamaecyparis obtusa) and the hardwood Japanese zelkova (Zelkova serrata) using near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy with principal component analysis (PCA) and spectral-kinetic analysis. Wood samples from each species were thermally or hygrothermally treated at 120, 13 ...