Jump to Main Content
- Summa, Noémie; Eshar, David; Reynolds, Debbie; Caines, Deanne; Singh, Ameet
- Journal of zoo and wildlife medicine 2015 v.46 no.3 pp. 575-579
- hernia, etc ; Mephitis mephitis; biochemistry; blood; constipation; females; image analysis; muscles; skunks; surgery; swine; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... This brief communication describes the diagnosis and surgical treatment of bilateral perineal hernias in a 1-yr-old, intact female, striped skunk (Mephitis mephitis) that was evaluated for chronic intermittent constipation, following early age, bilateral anal sacculectomy for descenting. Complete blood count and biochemistry results were within the reference ranges. Diagnosis was based on history, ...
- Biancani, Barbara; Field, Cara L; Dennison, Sophie; Pulver, Robert; Tuttle, Allison D
- Journal of zoo and wildlife medicine 2012 v.43 no.2 pp. 355-359
- hernia; hiatal hernia, etc ; Phoca vitulina; arrhythmia; body condition; body weight; cardiac arrest; cornea; esophagus; isoflurane; necropsy; pups; radiography; seals; stomach; surgery; tube feeding; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... A 2-wk-old stranded harbor seal (Phoca vitulina) rescued by Mystic Aquarium showed signs of the presence of a hiatal hernia during rehabilitation. Contrast radiographs of esophagus and stomach revealed an intrathoracic radiodensity that contains filling defects typical of stomach, consistent with gastric rugal folds. Mural thickening was observed at the level of the cardia consistent with a diagno ...