Jump to Main Content
- Omta, S.W.F.; Fortuin, F.T.J.M.
- Journal on chain and network science 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 59-67
- brand name products; business enterprises; food industry; food labeling; human resources; managers; market orientation; processed foods; questionnaires; research and development; sales; Netherlands
- ... The time when private labels consisted only of low-priced, low-quality products has long gone. A new type of cooperative innovation project has emerged in which food processors and retailers work closely together to target consumers with new and innovative products. These so-called high-end private label innovation projects can be typified as Early Customer Integration (ECI) projects. ECI projects ...
- Kemp, R.G.M.; Nijhoff-Savvaki, R.; Ruitenburg, R.; Trienekens, J.H.; Omta, S.W.F.
- Journal on chain and network science 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 69-78
- environmental impact; farmers; farmers' attitudes; farms; innovation adoption; issues and policy; stakeholders; swine; Netherlands
- ... This paper explores the process of adoption of innovations in pig husbandry systems in the Netherlands, related to sustainability challenges that the pig sector is facing. It investigates the factors that influence farmers’ decisions to build a new stable, as well as the choice to build either a conventional or a more sustainable stable. It demonstrates the impact of the adopter characteristics (s ...