Jump to Main Content
- da Cunha, C.A.; Wander, A.E.
- Journal on chain and network science 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 31-41
- dry beans; farmers; farms; markets; prices; purchasing; retail marketing; wholesale marketing; Brazil
- ... The objective of this paper is to verify the existence of asymmetric price transmission in the farm, wholesale and retail dry bean market in Sāo Paulo, Brazil. The dry bean market is characterised by high price volatility, mainly due to harmful interference from informal actors. Consequently, the prices being practiced at different chain levels have asymmetric transmission, which can be explained ...
- Kemp, R.G.M.; Nijhoff-Savvaki, R.; Ruitenburg, R.; Trienekens, J.H.; Omta, S.W.F.
- Journal on chain and network science 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 69-78
- environmental impact; farmers; farmers' attitudes; farms; innovation adoption; issues and policy; stakeholders; swine; Netherlands
- ... This paper explores the process of adoption of innovations in pig husbandry systems in the Netherlands, related to sustainability challenges that the pig sector is facing. It investigates the factors that influence farmers’ decisions to build a new stable, as well as the choice to build either a conventional or a more sustainable stable. It demonstrates the impact of the adopter characteristics (s ...