Jump to Main Content
- Giral, M; García-Olmo, D C; Gómez-Juárez, M; Gómez de Segura, I A
- Laboratory animals 2014 v.48 no.4 pp. 313-320
- alfaxalone; analgesia; anesthesia; ferrets; heart rate; intravenous injection; laboratory animals; medetomidine
- ... Alfaxalone is a neurosteroid with anaesthetic effects and it has been used successfully in several animal species. However, there are no data, to our knowledge, about its efficacy and safety in ferrets (Mustela putorius furo). We evaluated a variety of anaesthetic regimens in ferrets, namely, alfaxalone at 20, 10 and 5 mg/kg (n = 1, 10 and 9, respectively; intravenously); medetomidine at 20 µg/kg ...
- Davis, J; Musk, GC
- Laboratory animals 2014 v.48 no.4 pp. 321-327
- anesthesia; arteries; blood pH; blood pressure; ewes; heart rate; laboratory animals; oxygen; pregnancy; surgery; viability
- ... Optimal mechanical ventilation of the pregnant ewe during anaesthesia is of vital importance for maintaining fetal viability. This study aimed to compare peak inspiratory pressure (PIP), oxygenation and cardiovascular parameters with pressure-control (PCV) or volume-control (VCV) mechanical ventilation of anaesthetized pregnant sheep. Twenty ewes at 110 days gestation underwent general anaesthesia ...