Jump to Main Content
- Buttle, H. L.; Clapham, C.; Oldham, J. D.
- Laboratory animals 1982 v.16 no.4 pp. 307-309
- adults; cannulas; cattle; fistulation; ileum; laboratory animals; lactation; rubber; silicone
- ... A design for a cannula made by fixing silicone rubber tubing to rigid internal and external flanges is described. These cannulas have been used to fit simple duodenal, simple ileal and abomasal fistulas in adult lactating cattle for periods up to 1 year and have caused minimal tissue reaction at the site of fistulation. ...
- Shaw, J. F. L.
- Laboratory animals 1982 v.16 no.4 pp. 331-334
- blood veins; cannulas; laboratory animals; pumps; rats
- ... A new method of cannula protection is described. This allows the use of a shorter connection between the infusion pump and the mobile rat, and the whole apparatus is easily transportable. ...