Jump to Main Content
- Musk, Gabrielle C; Kemp, Matthew W
- Laboratory animals 2018 v.52 no.5 pp. 497-503
- umbilical arteries, etc ; Merino; abdomen; acidosis; anesthesia; blood; blood gases; blood sampling; carbon dioxide; ewes; fetus; glucose; hematocrit; hemoglobin; hypercapnia; hypoglycemia; intravenous injection; ketamine; laboratory animals; lactic acid; lidocaine; oxygen; pH; pregnancy; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Short-term anaesthesia of the pregnant ewe may be required for caesarean delivery of a preterm foetus within a research protocol. The aim of this study was to evaluate and compare the acid-base and haematological status of the ewe and foetus at the time of surgical delivery by collecting maternal and foetal arterial blood samples. Fifteen date-mated singleton-pregnant merino cross ewes at 122.0 (± ...
- Musk, G C; Kemp, M W
- Laboratory animals 2016 v.50 no.3 pp. 198-203
- umbilical arteries, etc ; Merino; anemia; anesthesia; biomedical research; blood gases; blood sampling; carbon dioxide; ewes; fetus; hemodynamics; laboratory animals; lambs; pregnancy; surgery; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Much remains to be understood with regards the effects of prolonged anaesthesia on maternal and fetal haemodynamics and oxygenation. With the aim of improving anaesthetic management of pregnant sheep undergoing recovery surgery under anaesthesia, paired maternal and fetal arterial blood samples were collected during caesarean delivery of twin preterm lambs to document the blood gas status of the e ...