Jump to Main Content
- Horodecki, Paweł; Nowiński, Mirosław; Jagodziński, Andrzej M.
- Land degradation & development 2019 v.30 no.1 pp. 3-13
- Acer pseudoplatanus; Alnus glutinosa; Betula pendula; Fagus sylvatica; Fraxinus excelsior; Pinus sylvestris; Populus canadensis; Populus nigra; Populus tremula; Prunus serotina; Quercus robur; Quercus rubra; Robinia pseudoacacia; Ulmus; calcium; lignite; magnesium; mine spoil; mixed stands; plant litter; planting; pure stands; soil formation; soil horizons; species diversity; trees; Poland
- ... No in‐depth studies covering litter decomposition were previously conducted on afforested postmining sites despite the importance of litter decomposition on soil formation, especially in degraded areas. We aimed to compare leaf litter decomposition rates of 14 tree species growing in mixed stands on a postmining spoil heap, and to compare their decay rates with those obtained in pure stands of tre ...
- Liu, Xin; Zhang, Wei; Wu, Min; Ye, Yingying; Wang, Kelin; Li, Dejun
- Land degradation & development 2019 v.30 no.1 pp. 60-72
- bedrock; bulk density; calcium; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; ecosystems; forests; karsts; land restoration; nitrogen; nitrogen content; pastures; soil depth; structural equation modeling; tillage; watersheds; China
- ... Soil nitrogen (N) accumulation enhances carbon (C) sequestration and subsequently the restoration of degraded ecosystems, but the changes in soil N properties after vegetation restoration in such ecosystems are poorly understood. We collected data from 358 fixed points in the karst catchment in China to determine the trends, magnitude, and mechanisms of soil N sequestration after 10 years of reveg ...