Jump to Main Content
- Han, Wangya; Liu, Guohua; Su, Xukun; Wu, Xing; Chen, Li
- Land degradation & development 2019 v.30 no.8 pp. 979-990
- desertification, etc ; cities; decision making; geographic information systems; humans; land degradation; land use; models; risk; soil; subtropics; vegetation; China; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Land degradation is a global environmental problem that has received a great deal of attention. Moreover, the current methods used to evaluate land degradation concentrate mostly on point and management levels, while information at the regional scale is lacking. This study aimed to assess potential land degradation at a regional scale by adapting the Mediterranean desertification and land use appr ...
- Boali, Abdolhossein; Bashari, Hossein; Jafari, Reza
- Land degradation & development 2019 v.30 no.4 pp. 371-390
- desertification, etc ; Bayesian theory; adaptive management; decision support systems; ecosystems; groundwater; land use; models; soil; soil quality; uncertainty; wind erosion; Iran; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Spatiotemporal complexities increase the uncertainty of the results of various desertification assessment models. We integrated the Mediterranean desertification and land‐use (MEDALUS) model with Bayesian networks (BNs) to develop a novel method for desertification assessment in central Iran. We first derived the current desertification status of the study area from empirical observations of actua ...