Jump to Main Content
- Tianjiao, Feng; Wei, Wei; Liding, Chen; Keesstra, Saskia D.; Yang, Yu
- Land degradation & development 2018 v.29 no.5 pp. 1427-1441
- Caragana microphylla; Pinus tabuliformis; Platycladus orientalis; Prunus armeniaca; arid lands; ecosystems; growing season; land restoration; loess; site preparation; soil water; terraces; vegetation types; water holding capacity; watersheds; China
- ... In the dryland and degraded regions, soil moisture is the primary factor determining ecological restoration. Proper land preparations and vegetation restoration can improve soil moisture and benefit land restoration. Identifying their effects on soil moisture is thus essential for developing suitable management strategies. In this study, four typical land preparation techniques (level ditches, fis ...
- Xu, Zhiwei; Hu, Rui; Wang, Kexin; Mason, Joseph A.; Wu, Shuang‐Ye; Lu, Huayu
- Land degradation & development 2018 v.29 no.5 pp. 1509-1520
- anthropogenic activities; arid lands; climate change; climatic factors; desertification; dunes; ecological restoration; land use; normalized difference vegetation index; remote sensing; vegetation; wind; China
- ... Desertification of arid and semiarid land is a severe environmental problem. Better understanding of the desertification process, in the context of changing climate and growing human activities, is essential for policy‐making on desertification control strategies and land‐use management in these environmentally sensitive areas. In this study, we analyze vegetation change and dune activity over the ...