Jump to Main Content
- Haile, G. W.; Fetene, M.
- Land degradation & development 2012 v.23 no.3 pp. 293-306
- Universal Soil Loss Equation; animals; geographic information systems; grazing; gully erosion; highlands; land management; lowlands; prediction; remote sensing; rill erosion; risk; soil water; water conservation; watersheds; Ethiopia
- ... This paper reports on a field study conducted in Kilie catchment, East Shoa Zone, Ethiopia to assess the rate of soil erosion by employing a soil loss prediction model (Universal Soil Loss Equation) integrated with in remote sensing and geographical information systems (RS/GIS), environment and gully measurement techniques. The final soil erosion risk map was produced after multiplication of the s ...
- Zema, D.A.; Bingner, R.L.; Denisi, P.; Govers, G.; Licciardello, F.; Zimbone, S.M.
- Land degradation & development 2012 v.23 no.3 pp. 205
- agricultural runoff; agricultural watersheds; databases; hydrologic models; land degradation; model validation; pollution load; prediction; sediment yield; simulation models; soil erosion models; water erosion; Belgium
- ... The AnnAGNPS model, widely utilized as a practical tool for addressing erosion problems and land use planning, was implemented in a small agricultural watershed located in central Belgium, to assess its prediction capacity of runoff, peak flow and sediment yield in humid temperate conditions. Model performance was evaluated at the event scale by using a database reporting hydrological, geomorpholo ...