Jump to Main Content
- Rose, David C.; Sutherland, William J.; Barnes, Andrew P.; Borthwick, Fiona; Ffoulkes, Charles; Hall, Clare; Moorby, Jon M.; Nicholas-Davies, Phillipa; Twining, Susan; Dicks, Lynn V.
- Land use policy 2019 v.81 pp. 834-842
- information exchange, etc ; farm management; farmers; farming systems; industry; issues and policy; mechanization; sustainable agriculture; England; Wales; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... As a response to the environmentally and socially destructive practices of post-war mechanization and intensification, the concept of sustainable agriculture has become prominent in research, policy, and practice. Sustainable agriculture aims to balance the economic, environmental, and social aspects of farming, creating a resilient farming system in the long-term. Over the last few decades, vario ...
- Ulambayar, Tungalag; Fernández-Giménez, María E.
- Land use policy 2019 v.82 pp. 93-104
- information exchange, etc ; case studies; ecological zones; focus groups; forest steppe; herds; households; information sources; interviews; issues and policy; leadership; leadership development; pastoralism; questionnaires; range management; rangelands; resource management; social capital; Mongolia; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Evidence-based policy guidance necessary for addressing mixed outcomes of community-based rangeland management (CBRM) is limited, dominated by case studies, and lacking coverage of diverse ecological settings. In remedy, we studied 65 traditional neighborhoods and 77 formally-organized CBRM groups across four ecological zones and investigated how and when CBRM obtains greater social outcomes than ...