Jump to Main Content
- Urbieta, Pablo; Fernandez, Emilio; Ramos, Luís; Méndez Martínez, Gonzalo; Bento, Ricardo
- Land use policy 2019 v.85 pp. 92-103
- hinterland, etc ; arable soils; carbon sequestration; environmental impact; land cover; land use; public policy; temporal variation; urban planning; urbanization; Portugal; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Land-cover based indicators assessing the effect of the magnitude and spatial patterns of the artificialization process, including urban sprawl, barely consider the impact of the discontinuous spatial distribution of the artificialized built-up areas. In this study, we propose a new urban dispersion indicator, which incorporates the characteristic dynamics of the discontinuous urban artificial lan ...
- Chiasson, Guy; Angelstam, Per; Axelsson, Robert; Doyon, Frederik
- Land use policy 2019 v.83 pp. 334-345
- hinterland, etc ; case studies; collaborative management; forest management; forest policy; forests; funding; governance; industry; islands; landscapes; learning; models; planning; public policy; stakeholders; wood; Canada; Sweden; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Forest policy has developed from single to multiple objectives. This requires a transition from traditional sectoral planning to more open, multi-stakeholder approaches that take into account all dimensions of sustainability across entire landscapes and even regions. Comparisons of regions with different landscape histories and governance legacies can support collaborative learning. Following Pats ...