Jump to Main Content
- Ma, Wenqiu; Jiang, Guanghui; Zhang, Ruijuan; Li, Yuling; Jiang, Xiaoguang
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 583-593
- economic structure; industrialization; issues and policy; land use; residential areas; rural areas; urban areas; urbanization; China
- ... Since the late twentieth century, rural areas in China have experienced a rapid and far-reaching transformation of social and economic structures. Residential land in rural areas, as a type of land where rural residents live and engage in producing, is under significant pressure and face significant change as a consequence. How has rural residential land changed over time, and why it differs acros ...
- Cao, Jianjun; Tian, Hong; Adamowski, Jan F.; Zhang, Xiaofang; Cao, Zijian
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 449-458
- Populus; abandoned land; afforestation; apricots; drought; issues and policy; land use; planting; rain; semiarid zones; soil depth; soil water; soil water content; stand age; China
- ... In exploring the effects of afforestation policies on soil water dynamics, soil moisture content was measured in two different rainfall events (within a lengthy drought period and during a drought-free period), up to 1.0 m depth, both at non-afforested and afforested sites situated in China’s central region. The non-afforested sites included abandoned and cropped lands. These were compared to land ...