Jump to Main Content
- Toledo, Renato Miazaki; Santos, Rozely Ferreira; Verheyen, Kris; Perring, Michael P.
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 486-493
- agricultural land; cost effectiveness; deforestation; forest restoration; habitats; international agreements; issues and policy; land use; landscapes; risk; soil erosion; tropical forests; tropics; Brazil
- ... Ecological restoration has received increasing attention as international agreements have set ambitious goals to mitigate environmental change and reshape degraded landscapes. However, current restoration activities sometimes remain modest in their success. In particular, tropical forest restoration has had mixed outcomes with variable cost-efficiency. Here, we address the need for taking into acc ...
- Tatsvarei, Simbarashe; Mushunje, Abbyssinia; Matsvai, Simon; Ngarava, Saul
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 468-477
- agricultural land; farmers; farmers' attitudes; issues and policy; markets; politics; stakeholders; surveys; Zimbabwe
- ... The effectiveness of policy on tenure requires a strong buy-in from all stakeholders for its success. This study therefore sought to establish the perceptions of farmers on land rental policy using the knowledge, attitude and practice approach. The survey was conducted in Mashonaland East province, Zimbabwe, with a sample of 339, comprised of both A1 and A2 farmers. Knowledge for the farmers on re ...