Jump to Main Content
- Pelletier, Johanne; Horning, Ned; Laporte, Nadine; Samndong, Raymond Achu; Goetz, Scott
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 102-115
- adaptive management; case studies; forests; gender; households; issues and policy; land rights; land use; livelihood; nationalities and ethnic groups; remote sensing; risk; space and time; time series analysis; villages
- ... Equity is a sensitive topic discussed under the REDD+ mechanism. This study focuses on the impact of prevailing social and ecological conditions on the potential equity outcome of REDD+ intervention at the local level. Working at a REDD+ pilot project site in the Democratic Republic of Congo, we present a quantitative framework to assess contextual equity at the village level. We conducted a full ...
- Cei, Leonardo; Stefani, Gianluca; Defrancesco, Edi; Lombardi, Ginevra Virginia
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 620-630
- case studies; issues and policy; protected designation of origin; rural development; theoretical models; value added; Italy
- ... Geographical indications (GIs) are a 25 years old European policy instrument and one objective of GIs is to foster rural development. In this respect, very few studies have quantitatively investigated to what extent this policy is effective. In fact, the literature is mainly focused on specific GIs, examined through case studies, in an attempt to identify which factors are responsible for the succ ...