Jump to Main Content
- Sandler, Austin M.; Rashford, Benjamin S.
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 530-537
- data collection; issues and policy; land use; models; remote sensing; satellites; Great Plains region
- ... Satellite-based land-use data sets are providing new opportunities for land-use research. However, care must be used when working with these datasets due to misclassification error, which causes inconsistent parameter estimates in typical land-use models. Results from satellite imagery data from the Northern Great Plains indicate that ignoring misclassification will lead to biased results. Even se ...
- Stefanes, Mauricio; Roque, Fabio de Oliveira; Lourival, Reinaldo; Melo, Isabel; Renaud, Pierre Cyril; Quintero, Jose Manuel Ochoa
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 43-49
- agribusiness; biodiversity conservation; cerrado; compliance; data collection; deforestation; farm size; food production; forests; geographic information systems; indigenous species; issues and policy; land use and land cover maps; landscape management; landscapes; large farms; risk; Brazil
- ... The Rural Environmental Registry (CAR) dataset opens a new window for spatially explicit studies of the rural landscape of Brazil, enabling analysis with an accurate representation of land use and land cover change dynamics at the property level. Here, we evaluated farm compliance with the Brazilian Forest Code (revised in 2012) in Mato Grosso do Sul state, where agribusiness activities have alrea ...