Jump to Main Content
- Fahad, Shah; Wang, Jing; Hu, Guangyin; Wang, Hui; Yang, Xiaoying; Shah, Ashfaq Ahmad; Huong, Nguyen Thi Lan; Bilal, Arshad
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 459-467
- agricultural extension; credit; crop insurance; educational status; empirical research; farmers; farms; floods; households; information sources; issues and policy; land ownership; models; questionnaires; risk management; risk perception; rivers; Pakistan
- ... Pakistan is the world’s most susceptible country to extreme climatic events, such as floods. As such, for many years, the country has faced the risk of losses from natural calamities without crop insurance. However, in recent years, the national government has undertaken crop insurance initiatives in Pakistan. Consequently, there is limited knowledge available on the adoption of crop insurance in ...
- Legese, Getachew; Van Assche, Kristof; Stellmacher, Till; Tekleworld, Hailemariam; Kelboro, Girma
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 50-59
- dams (hydrology); empirical research; energy; ethics; family farms; governance; issues and policy; land use; planning; risk assessment; risk management; risk perception; Ethiopia
- ... We use the concepts of riskscapes and risk governance to analyze the tensions between land use for food (farms) and energy (dams) in Southwest Ethiopia. We analyze the linkages between risk perception, risk assessment and risk management for local and non-local actors. We distinguish, after empirical analysis, as main riskscapes the riskscapes of landlessness, food and energy insecurity and siltat ...