Jump to Main Content
- Tatsvarei, Simbarashe; Mushunje, Abbyssinia; Matsvai, Simon; Ngarava, Saul
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 468-477
- agricultural land; farmers; farmers' attitudes; issues and policy; markets; politics; stakeholders; surveys; Zimbabwe
- ... The effectiveness of policy on tenure requires a strong buy-in from all stakeholders for its success. This study therefore sought to establish the perceptions of farmers on land rental policy using the knowledge, attitude and practice approach. The survey was conducted in Mashonaland East province, Zimbabwe, with a sample of 339, comprised of both A1 and A2 farmers. Knowledge for the farmers on re ...
- Cerdà, A.; Rodrigo-Comino, J.; Giménez-Morera, A.; Novara, A.; Pulido, M.; Kapović-Solomun, M.; Keesstra, S.D.
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 734-745
- Citrus; biomass production; branches; education; farmers; farmers' attitudes; farms; interviews; issues and policy; land ownership; mulches; organic matter; plantations; pruning; rainfall simulation; runoff; sediments; soil conservation; soil density; soil erosion; soil nutrients; soil quality; subsidies; surveys; sustainable land management; trees; vegetation; Spain
- ... There is a need to devise management strategies that control soil and water losses in agriculture land to allow the design of proper policies to achieve sustainability. It is the responsibility of scientists to work with other actors to co-construct strategies that will lead to sustainable land-use policies. Using chipped pruned branches (CPB) as mulch can be a viable option because they represent ...