Jump to Main Content
- Pelletier, Johanne; Horning, Ned; Laporte, Nadine; Samndong, Raymond Achu; Goetz, Scott
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 102-115
- adaptive management; case studies; forests; gender; households; issues and policy; land rights; land use; livelihood; nationalities and ethnic groups; remote sensing; risk; space and time; time series analysis; villages
- ... Equity is a sensitive topic discussed under the REDD+ mechanism. This study focuses on the impact of prevailing social and ecological conditions on the potential equity outcome of REDD+ intervention at the local level. Working at a REDD+ pilot project site in the Democratic Republic of Congo, we present a quantitative framework to assess contextual equity at the village level. We conducted a full ...
- Fahad, Shah; Wang, Jing; Hu, Guangyin; Wang, Hui; Yang, Xiaoying; Shah, Ashfaq Ahmad; Huong, Nguyen Thi Lan; Bilal, Arshad
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 459-467
- agricultural extension; credit; crop insurance; educational status; empirical research; farmers; farms; floods; households; information sources; issues and policy; land ownership; models; questionnaires; risk management; risk perception; rivers; Pakistan
- ... Pakistan is the world’s most susceptible country to extreme climatic events, such as floods. As such, for many years, the country has faced the risk of losses from natural calamities without crop insurance. However, in recent years, the national government has undertaken crop insurance initiatives in Pakistan. Consequently, there is limited knowledge available on the adoption of crop insurance in ...