Jump to Main Content
- Maraseni, Tek Narayan; Phimmavong, Somvang; Keenan, Rodney J.; Vongkhamsao, Vongvilay; Cockfield, Geoff; Smith, Hilary
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 145-154
- Tectona grandis; costs and returns; exports; forests; growers; income; interviews; issues and policy; manufacturing; prices; profits and margins; sawing; sawmills; stakeholders; supply chain; topographic slope; wood; Laos
- ... The Government of the Lao PDR has a range of policies, including the promotion of domestic processing and discouraging the export of unprocessed wood, aimed at generating a greater share of benefits to all actors in the value chain. There are however, limited studies of the structures, operations and effects of policies on, value chains. This study aimed to compare financial returns to three diffe ...
- Cerdà, A.; Rodrigo-Comino, J.; Giménez-Morera, A.; Novara, A.; Pulido, M.; Kapović-Solomun, M.; Keesstra, S.D.
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 734-745
- Citrus; biomass production; branches; education; farmers; farmers' attitudes; farms; interviews; issues and policy; land ownership; mulches; organic matter; plantations; pruning; rainfall simulation; runoff; sediments; soil conservation; soil density; soil erosion; soil nutrients; soil quality; subsidies; surveys; sustainable land management; trees; vegetation; Spain
- ... There is a need to devise management strategies that control soil and water losses in agriculture land to allow the design of proper policies to achieve sustainability. It is the responsibility of scientists to work with other actors to co-construct strategies that will lead to sustainable land-use policies. Using chipped pruned branches (CPB) as mulch can be a viable option because they represent ...