Jump to Main Content
- Nakajima, Hiroaki; Kojima, Hiromi; Tachikawa, Kotaro; Suzuki, Kojiro; Rotherham, IanD.
- Landscape and ecological engineering 2018 v.14 no.1 pp. 175-185
- Alnus japonica, etc ; Pleioblastus; Quercus glauca; Quercus serrata; aquatic plants; basal area; cutting; evergreen forests; humans; lifestyle; people; stand density; trees; vines; Japan; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Since the 1950s, secondary (substitution) forests known as Satoyama woods have been abandoned due to changes in human lifestyle. The aim of this study is to investigate the relationships between human activity and substitution forests to better understand the traditional management required to prevent succession to evergreen forest. One objective is to identify the tree species, their number of tr ...
- Seo, Kyung Won; Heo, Su Jin; Son, Yowhan; Noh, Nam Jin; Lee, Sue Kyoung; Yoon, Chun Gyeong
- Landscape and ecological engineering 2011 v.7 no.1 pp. 93-99
- Alnus japonica, etc ; acetylene; denitrification; drainage; forests; ion exchange resins; mineralization; nitrogen; soil quality; soil water; temporal variation; Korean Peninsula; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... This study was conducted to examine the influences of soil-moisture conditions on soil nitrogen (N) dynamics, including in situ soil N mineralization, N availability, and denitrification in a pure Alnus japonica forest located in Seoul, central Korea. The soil N mineralization, N availability, and denitrification were determined using the buried bag incubation method, ion exchange resin bag method ...