Jump to Main Content
- Zanon, Bruno, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Landscape and urban planning 2019 v.181 pp. 22-37
- European Union; agricultural land; cities; governance; green infrastructure; issues and policy; planning; urban areas; urban development
- ... Urban spatial development is a crucial issue for spatial planning and urban governance, ultimately determining cities’ sustainability. While a set of spatial strategies to address urban development are progressively gaining international consensus, their actual applicability is still contested. An interesting test-bed is represented by the European Union (EU), where common spatial strategies have ...
- De Meulder, Bruno, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Landscape and urban planning 2019 v.187 pp. 81-95
- decision making; empirical research; green infrastructure; landscapes; leadership; participation (behavior); planning; public services and goods; river deltas; rivers; rural areas; stakeholders; tourists; transportation; urban areas; urbanization; walking; China
- ... The modern greenway movement in China originated in 2010 when Guangdong Provincial Government launched the Pearl River Delta greenway network. The PRD greenway planning has strategic objectives that respond to issues associated with urbanization in the region. This article presents a conceptual framework that explains the potential impact of several key factors in the planning context on the strat ...