Jump to Main Content
- MacGregor-Fors, Ian
- Landscape and urban planning 2011 v.100 no.4 pp. 347-349
- habitats; issues and policy; landscapes; managers; planning
- ... Urban ecology is a promising research field that could generate important information to be transferred into practical applications for urban landscape planning and management. However, the lack of homogeneity in technical terms used to describe urban-related sampling sites makes generalizations difficult to establish. After the substantial effort to standardize procedures for quantitatively deter ...
- MacGregor-Fors, Ian, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Landscape and urban planning 2011 v.101 no.1 pp. 1-10
- birds; cities; developing countries; languages; ornithology; planning; temperate zones; urbanization; Alaska; Canada; Latin America
- ... The accelerated rate of urban growth has become of major environmental concern, especially in less developed countries where urban development is expected to rise. Although urban ornithological studies from Latin America have increased in the last decades, they have not been previously synthesized. In this review we gathered all the available information regarding urban bird studies from the Ameri ...