Jump to Main Content
- Bas, Yves, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Landscape ecology 2019 v.34 no.4 pp. 793-809
- Chiroptera; animals; cities; geographical distribution; habitat connectivity; landscapes; models; pollution; pollution control; prediction; probability; remote sensing; urban areas; urban planning
- ... CONTEXT: Light pollution can alter animal movements and landscape connectivity. This is particularly true in urban landscapes where a need to incorporate conservation issues in urban planning is urgent. OBJECTIVES: We investigated how potential light-reduction scenarios at conurbation scale change landscape connectivity for bats. METHODS: Through random stratified sampling and species distribution ...
- Bas, Yves, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Landscape ecology 2016 v.31 no.10 pp. 2471-2483
- Eptesicus; Pipistrellus pipistrellus; biodiversity; global change; insectivores; intensive farming; land cover; land use; landscapes; monitoring; planning; pollution; surveys; urbanization
- ... CONTEXT: Light pollution is a global change affecting a major proportion of global land surface. Although the impacts of Artificial Light At Night (ALAN) have been documented locally for many taxa, the extent of effect of ALAN at a landscape scale on biodiversity is unknown. OBJECTIVES: We characterized the landscape-scale impacts of ALAN on 4 insectivorous bat species Pipistrellus pipistrellus, P ...