Jump to Main Content
- Martín-Fabiani, Ignacio; Makepeace, David K.; Richardson, Philip G.; Lesage de la Haye, Jennifer; Venero, Diego Alba; Rogers, Sarah E.; D’Agosto, Franck; Lansalot, Muriel; Keddie, Joseph L.
- Langmuir 2019 v.35 no.10 pp. 3822-3831
- Gibbs free energy; adhesives; chemical bonding; coatings; drying; films (materials); gravimetry; hydrophilicity; latex; micelles; monitoring; neutron diffraction; polymers; sodium dodecyl sulfate; stabilizers; surfactants
- ... The distribution of hydrophilic species, such as surfactants, in latex films is of critical importance for the performance of adhesives, coatings, and inks, among others. However, the evolution of this distribution during the film formation process and in the resulting dried films remains insufficiently elucidated. Here, we present in situ (wet) and ex situ (dry) small-angle neutron scattering (SA ...
- Yu, Hui; Zhong, Qi-Zhi; Liu, Tian-Geng; Qiu, Wen-Ze; Wu, Bai-Heng; Xu, Zhi-Kang; Wan, Ling-Shu
- Langmuir 2019 v.35 no.10 pp. 3643-3650
- adsorption; catechol; coatings; coordination compounds; dopamine; dyes; emulsions; hydrolysis; hydrophilicity; ions; juglone; microporous membranes; oils; polyphenols; polypropylenes; porous media; synergism; tannins
- ... Deposition of dopamine and tannic acid has received great attention in the fields of surface and interface science and technology. The deposition behaviors of various metal–phenolic systems have been investigated, and it is generally accepted that at least one catechol group is essential to the formation of the coatings. Herein, we report a novel and effective surface-coating system based on the c ...