Jump to Main Content
- Yanagi, Kanta; Yamada, Norifumi L.; Kato, Kazuaki; Ito, Kohzo; Yokoyama, Hideaki
- Langmuir 2018 v.34 no.18 pp. 5297-5302
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; gamma-cyclodextrin; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; polymers; proteins; reflectometry
- ... Dense polymer brushes with closely packed rotaxane structures were formed at the interface of water and a styrene-butadiene elastomer by spontaneous segregation of an amphiphilic polyrotaxane (PR), a mechanically interlocked polymer consisting of hydrophobic polybutadiene threading through multiple hydrophilic γ-cyclodextrin (γ-CD) derivatives. Segregation of PR at the water/elastomer interface wa ...
- Hönes, Roland; Rühe, Jürgen
- Langmuir 2018 v.34 no.18 pp. 5342-5351
- alkanes; anisotropy; coatings; corrosion; crosslinking; durability; hardness; heat; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; nickel; phosphorous acid; polymers; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Metallic superhydrophobic surfaces (SHSs) combine the attractive properties of metals, such as ductility, hardness, and conductivity, with the favorable wetting properties of nanostructured surfaces. Moreover, they promise additional benefits with respect to corrosion protection. For the modification of the intrinsically polar and hydrophilic surfaces of metals, a new method has been developed to ...