Jump to Main Content
- Kawatsuki, Nobuhiro; Fujii, Ryosuke; Fujioka, Yu; Minami, Satoshi; Kondo, Mizuho
- Langmuir 2017 v.33 no.9 pp. 2427-2432
- annealing; benzoic acid; cinnamic acid; coatings; films (materials); heat treatment; liquids; polymers; temperature; ultraviolet radiation
- ... The application of a top-coating of 4-methoxy cinnamic acid (MCA) onto a photoinactive liquid crystalline polymeric film containing benzoic acid (BA) side groups (P6BAM) is shown to enable thermally stimulated, photoinduced reorientation of the polymer structure. Annealing the MCA-coated P6BAM films leads to H-bond formation between BA and MCA, which also effectively smooths the film surface. Expo ...
- Ge, Peng; Wang, Shuli; Liu, Wendong; Wang, Tieqiang; Yu, Nianzuo; Ye, Shunsheng; Shen, Huaizhong; Wu, Yuxin; Zhang, Junhu; Yang, Bai
- Langmuir 2017 v.33 no.9 pp. 2177-2184
- air; coatings; liquids; nanomaterials; oils; polymers; silicon; transportation; wettability
- ... We report the unidirectional wetting behavior of liquids (water and oil) on Janus silicon cylinder arrays (Si-CAs) under various media (air, water, and oil). The Janus cylinders were prepared by chemical modification of nanocylinders with different molecules on two sides. Through adjusting surface energies of the modified molecules, the as-prepared surfaces could control the wetting behavior of di ...