Jump to Main Content
- Locklin, Jason, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Langmuir 2017 v.33 no.35 pp. 8821-8828
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae; bioactive properties; glycosylation; humans; hydrazides; hydrazine; lectins; pathogens; respiratory system; sugars
- ... In this work, we report a convenient and versatile strategy for surface-grafted glycopolymer constructs with the goal of surface modification that controls the chemical presentation and grafting density of carbohydrate side chains. This approach employs a difunctional hydrazine linker, chemically modified to an active ester containing poly(pentafluorophenyl acrylate) grafted scaffold, to conjugate ...
- PubMed Central:
- Locklin, Jason, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Langmuir 2017 v.33 no.45 pp. 13105-13113
- Staphylococcus aureus; adhesion; adsorption; bacteria; bacterial contamination; biocompatibility; chemical bonding; coatings; composite polymers; cross infection; durability; health services; hydrophilicity; industry; medical equipment; nitric oxide; pathogens; zwitterions
- ... Medical device coatings that resist protein adhesion and bacterial contamination are highly desirable in the healthcare industry. In this work, an antifouling zwitterionic terpolymer, 2-methacryloyloxyethyl phosphorylcholine-co-butyl methacrylate-co-benzophenone (BPMPC), is covalently grafted to a nitric oxide (NO) releasing antimicrobial biomedical grade copolymer of silicone-polycarbonate-uretha ...