Jump to Main Content
- Locklin, Jason, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Langmuir 2012 v.28 no.41 pp. 14693-14702
- alkynes; azides; cycloaddition reactions; equations; polymers
- ... The postpolymerization functionalization of poly(N-hydroxysuccinimide 4-vinylbenzoate) brushes with reactive alkynes that differ in relative rates of activity of alkyne–azide cycloaddition reactions is described. The alkyne-derived polymer brushes undergo “click”-type cycloadditions with azido-containing compounds by two mechanisms: a strain-promoted alkyne–azide cycloaddition (SPAAC) with dibenzo ...
- Locklin, Jason, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Langmuir 2013 v.29 no.19 pp. 5920-5926
- alkynes; aminolysis; azides; biochemical compounds; chemical bonding; copper; dyes; equipment; fluorescence microscopy; polymerization; polymers; silicon; ultraviolet radiation
- ... This Article describes the generation of a patterned surface that can be postpolymerization modified to incorporate fragile macromolecules or delicate biomolecules without the need for special equipment. Two monomers that undergo different click reactions, pentafluorophenyl acrylate (PFPA) and 4-(trimethylsilyl) ethynylstyrene (TMSES), were sequentially polymerized from a silicon surface in the pr ...