Jump to Main Content
- Tobias, Fernando; Keiderling, Timothy A.
- Langmuir 2016 v.32 no.18 pp. 4653-4661
- sonication, etc ; hydrophobicity; isotope labeling; oligopeptides; pH; polyglutamic acid; spectral analysis; temperature; transmission electron microscopy; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Poly(glutamic acid) at low pH self-assembles after incubation at higher temperature into fibrils composed of antiparallel sheets that are stacked in a β₂-type structure whose amide carbonyls have bifurcated H-bonds involving the side chains from the next sheet. Oligomers of Glu can also form such structures, and isotope labeling has provided insight into their out-of-register antiparallel structur ...
- Ding, Wuxiao; Minamikawa, Hiroyuki; Kameta, Naohiro; Wada, Momoyo; Masuda, Mitsutoshi; Shimizu, Toshimi
- Langmuir 2015 v.31 no.3 pp. 1150-1154
- sonication, etc ; acetone; aqueous solutions; dispersibility; ethanol; glucose; liquid crystals; nanotubes; pH; phospholipids; solvents; temperature; tetrahydrofuran; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The dispersibility and liquid crystal formation of a self-assembled lipid nanotube (LNT) was investigated in a variety of aqueous solutions. As the lipid component, we chose a bipolar lipid with glucose and tetraglycine headgroups, which self-assembled into an LNT with a small outer diameter of 16 to 17 nm and a high axial ratio of more than 310. The LNT gave a stable colloidal dispersion in its d ...