Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: jenny?
- Bilbrey, Jenna A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Langmuir 2015 v.31 no.37 pp. 10183-10189
- catalysts; coatings; composite polymers; methanol; pH; polylactic acid; polymerization; zirconium
- ... Surface-initiated ring-opening polymerization (SI-ROP) of polycaprolactone (PCL) and polylactide (PLA) polymer brushes with controlled degradation rates were prepared on oxide substrates. PCL brushes were polymerized from hydroxyl-terminated monolayers utilizing triazabicyclodecene (TBD) as the polymerization catalyst. A consistent brush thickness of 40 nm could be achieved with a reproducible uni ...
- Bilbrey, Jenna A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Langmuir 2014 v.30 no.34 pp. 10465-10470
- aromatic hydrocarbons; chlorine; diazonium compounds; electrochemistry; electrodes; gold; nickel; polymers; salts
- ... This article reports the development of a robust, one-step electrochemical technique to generate surface-bound conjugated polymers. The electrochemical reduction of arene diazonium salts at the surface of a gold electrode is used to generate tethered bromobenzene monolayers quickly. The oxidative addition of reactive Ni(0) across the aryl halide bond is achieved in situ through a concerted electro ...