Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Changling; Li, Lingyun; Zhong, Qixin; Cai, Ruying; Wang, Peng; Xu, Xinglian; Zhou, Guanghong; Han, Minyi; Liu, Qianqian; Hu, Tianshuo; Yin, Tianchen
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 69-76
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; antioxidant activity; chicken meat; cold storage; cooked foods; curcumin; encapsulation; hydrophobicity; ionic strength; marinating; myofibrillar proteins; oxidative stability; pH; sodium chloride; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances
- ... A low-cost, convenient and organic solvent-free approach was investigated to nanoencapsulate curcumin (CCM) in myofibrillar proteins (MPs) as a potential strategy to improve the oxidative stability of marinated meat products. The encapsulation was enabled by shifting CCM–MP mixture to pH 12 and then pH 7 at different ionic strengths. Stable CCM–MP nanocomplexes were formed at 0.3, 0.6 and 0.9 mol/ ...
- Santos Filho, Antonio Luiz dos; Freitas, Hildeane Veloso; Rodrigues, Sueli; Abreu, Virgínia Kelly Gonçalves; Lemos, Tatiana de Oliveira; Gomes, Wesley Faria; Narain, Narendra; Pereira, Ana Lúcia Fernandes
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 371-378
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Lactobacillus casei; antioxidant activity; citric acid; cold storage; fermentation; functional foods; glucose; juices; lactic acid; pH; probiotics; pulp; shelf life; sucralose; sucrose; viability
- ... This study aimed to evaluate the cocoa juice, obtained from the pulp, as a vehicle for the probiotic microorganism. The effect of sucralose as a sugar substitute during refrigerated storage for 42 days was also evaluated. The viability of Lactobacillus casei, sugars, lactic acid, pH, phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity were performed. The optimum conditions for probiotic juice production w ...