Jump to Main Content
- Kessy, Honest N.E.; Wang, Kai; Zhao, Lei; Zhou, Molin; Hu, Zhuoyan
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.87 pp. 301-309
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Litchi; antioxidant activity; beta-glucosidase; biotransformation; drugs; enzymatic treatment; enzyme inhibition; functional foods; glycosylation; high performance liquid chromatography; humans; hydrolysis; hypertension; ingredients; pectins; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; polygalacturonase; quercetin; rutin; tannase; temperature
- ... Enzyme-assisted extraction and biotransformation of phenolic compounds from litchi pericarps were investigated. Pectinase, β-glucosidase and tannase were used individually and sequentially. The effects of various enzymes and hydrolysis conditions on recovery and biotransformation of phenolic compounds were evaluated. The results indicated that the optimum conditions for enzymatic extraction were 3 ...
- Dulf, Francisc Vasile; Vodnar, Dan Cristian; Dulf, Eva-Henrietta; Diaconeasa, Zoriţa; Socaciu, Carmen
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.87 pp. 241-249
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Aronia melanocarpa; Aspergillus niger; Rhizopus microsporus var. oligosporus; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; bioprocessing; cinnamic acid; fatty acid composition; flavonols; free radical scavengers; glycosylation; high performance liquid chromatography; linoleic acid; mass spectrometry; polyphenols; pomace; solid state fermentation
- ... The present study focused on the changes in polyphenols, antioxidant activities and lipid compositions from chokeberry pomace during solid-state fermentation (SSF) with Aspergillus niger and Rhizopus oligosporus. The extractable phenolics increased more than 1.7- fold during both fermentation processes. A similar trend was observed for total flavonoids. The obtained results also indicated that a l ...