Jump to Main Content
- Franco, Daniel; Rodríguez-Amado, Isabel; Agregán, Rubén; Munekata, Paulo E.S.; Vázquez, José Antonio; Barba, Francisco J.; Lorenzo, José Manuel
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.88 pp. 1-8
- peroxide value, etc ; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; ethanol; lipid peroxidation; oxidation; p-anisidine value; peanuts; response surface methodology; soybean oil; temperature; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to determine the antioxidant efficacy of peanut skin extracts (PSE) to prevent the oxidative processes of soybean oil during storage and to compare the results with those obtained after using a positive control with butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) under accelerated oxidation conditions (16 d at 60 °C). Progress in lipid oxidation of soybean oil was followed by chemical ind ...
- Julio, Luciana M.; Copado, Claudia N.; Diehl, Bernd W.K.; Ixtaina, Vanesa Y.; Tomás, Mabel C.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.89 pp. 581-590
- peroxide value, etc ; Helianthus annuus; antioxidants; chitosan; droplets; emulsions; food industry; foods; lipid peroxidation; maltodextrins; oils; omega-3 fatty acids; oxidation; oxidative stability; particle size distribution; phosphatidylcholines; polyunsaturated fatty acids; storage time; viscosity; zeta potential; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Chia oil constitutes a vegetal source of ω-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) and natural antioxidants, although it is susceptible to the oxidation process. Emulsion-based delivery systems could be adequate for its protection and incorporation into foods. In this study chia bilayer O/W emulsions were obtained applying layer-by-layer deposition technique. It consisted of the electrostatic deposi ...