Jump to Main Content
- Rezaei, Fatemeh; Shahbazi, Yasser
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.87 pp. 122-133
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Hypophthalmichthys molitrix; Ziziphora clinopodioides; active food packaging; antimicrobial packaging; apple peels; biodegradability; coatings; cold storage; color; composite materials; edible films; essential oils; films (materials); fish fillets; microorganisms; nanoparticles; nitrogen; odors; pH; packaging materials; peroxide value; shelf life; sodium; spoilage; storage time; total volatile basic nitrogen; zinc oxide; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Nowadays, antimicrobial packaging materials is attracting remarkable attention as one of the preferred emerging technologies to prevent the development and spread of spoilage and pathogenic microorganisms via food foodstuffs. The aim of the present study was to incorporate Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil (ZEO; 0 and 0.5%), apple peel extract (APE; 0 and 1%) and zinc oxide nanoparticle (ZnO; ...
- Osaili, Tareq M.; Al-Nabulsi, Anas A.; Aljaafreh, Taqwa F.; Olaimat, Amin N.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.98 pp. 438-443
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Salmonella; acid value; color; gamma radiation; heat stress; ingredients; irradiation; microorganisms; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Tahini halva or its major ingredient, tahini, have been implicated in several foodborne outbreaks in Europe and USA. The aim of the study was to i) assess the effect of desiccation and heat stresses on the sensitivity of Salmonella spp., Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli O157:H7 in tahini halva to gamma radiation, and ii) evaluate effect of irradiation on chemical (acid, peroxide, and p- ...