Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Qin; Cedric Tan, Chih Shen; Yang, Hongshun; Wang, Shifei
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.79 pp. 594-600
- Brassica oleracea; Escherichia coli O157; Listeria monocytogenes; acidity; antioxidants; broccoli; chlorine; electrolyzed water; firmness; heat; heat treatment; microorganisms; organic foods; oxygen radical absorbance capacity; pathogens; pectins; product quality
- ... The effects of low-concentration electrolysed water (LcEW) (4 mg/L free available chlorine) combined with mild heat on the safety and quality of fresh organic broccoli (Brassica oleracea) were evaluated. Treatment with LcEW combined with mild heat (50 °C) achieved the highest reduction in naturally occurring microorganisms and pathogens, including inoculated Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Listeria m ...
- Züge, Luana Carolina Bosmuler; Maieves, Helayne Aparecida; Silveira, Joana Lea Meira; Silva, Vitor Renan da; Scheer, Agnes de Paula
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.79 pp. 42-51
- avocados; creaming; droplet size; emulsifiers; emulsions; oils; pH; phospholipids; pulp
- ... Avocado lipid fraction is rich in phospholipids; however these compounds are frequently discarded with the residual pulp during industrial oil extraction processes. In this study, emulsions were prepared using phospholipids from avocado pulp oil and characterized. First, emulsions were prepared with 1 wt% phospholipids and between 20 and 70 vol% oil phase. Then, emulsions with different phospholip ...