Jump to Main Content
- Benucci, Ilaria, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.82 pp. 268-273
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; alcoholic fermentation; arginase; arginine; catalytic activity; equations; grape juice; grapes; inoculum; temperature; yeasts
- ... The kinetic characterization of arginase activity of a commercial S. cerevisiae strain was carried out for the first time, estimating the kinetic parameters (Vmax, K0.5 and Vmax/K0.5) throughout alcoholic fermentation in order to investigate the catalytic efficiency of the enzyme and its ability in metabolizing arginine to sustain biosynthetic processes. Alcoholic fermentation was carried out at t ...
- Benucci, Ilaria, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.82 pp. 58-65
- enzymatic treatment; phenol; polygalacturonase; pomegranate juice; proteinases; proteolysis; regression analysis; response surface methodology; temperature; turbidity
- ... Clarification is a fundamental step in the processing of pomegranate juice to improve its appearance and marketability. The objective of this work was to develop a tailored pectinolytic and proteolytic enzymatic clarification process for pomegranate juice. Response surface methodology was used to analyse the effects of incubation time (30–120 min), temperature (25–50 °C) and complex enzyme amount ...