Jump to Main Content
- Tau, Terry; Gunasekaran, Sundaram
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2016 v.69 pp. 570-578
- syrups, etc ; gelatin; gelatinization temperature; gelation; glass transition temperature; glucose; loss modulus; storage modulus; sucrose; sugar substitutes; total solids; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The effects of replacing sucrose with sugar substitutes in gelatin gels were investigated. Oscillatory shear tests were performed to determine the rheological properties of gelatin-glucose syrup-sweetener (GGS) gels. The sweeteners used were sucrose and commercial sugar substitutes, Splenda® and Equal®. Gelation temperature (Tgel) was determined at the crossover point of storage modulus and loss m ...
- Tamm, F.; Härter, C.; Brodkorb, A.; Drusch, S.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2016 v.73 pp. 524-527
- syrups, etc ; amino acids; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; atomization; beta-lactoglobulin; biopolymers; droplet size; electrostatic interactions; emulsions; fish oils; glucose; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; ions; microencapsulation; pH; pectins; protein hydrolysates; spray drying; trypsin; whey protein; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The aim of the present study was to investigate the potential of partially hydrolysed whey proteins to microencapsulate fish oil by spray-drying bilayer feed emulsions containing pectin, an oppositely charged biopolymer. Microcapsules were composed of fish oil, β-lactoglobulin (β-LG) or hydrolysates thereof produced by trypsin (DH6) and glucose syrup (DE38) as the matrix component. Pectin was atta ...