Jump to Main Content
- Valencia, Marcela Sarmento; Salgado, Silvana Magalhães; Andrade, Samara Alvachian Cardoso; Padilha, Vivianne Montarroyos; Livera, Alda Verônica Souza; Stamford, Tânia Lúcia Montenegro
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2016 v.69 pp. 104-109
- acidity, etc ; Lactobacillus paracasei subsp. paracasei; consumer acceptance; desserts; fiber content; food matrix; fructans; fructooligosaccharides; milk; milk chocolate; pH; prebiotics; probiotics; purchasing; sensory properties; shelf life; storage time; viability; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Creamy milk chocolate desserts represent new alternatives for products containing probiotics and prebiotics due to their higher consumer acceptability. This study aimed to develop a creamy milk chocolate dessert containing Lactobacillus paracasei subsp. paracasei LBC 81 and fructo-oligosaccharide, and evaluated the sensory and microbiological characteristics of the product. Three formulations were ...
- Gani, Adil; Baba, Waqas N.; Ahmad, Mudasir; Shah, Umar; Khan, Asma Ashraf; Wani, Idrees Ahmed; Masoodi, F.A.; Gani, Asir
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2016 v.66 pp. 496-502
- acidity, etc ; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; color; exposure duration; firmness; fruit quality; functional foods; microbial load; microbiological quality; molds (fungi); pH; plate count; storage time; strawberries; total soluble solids; ultrasonic treatment; ultrasonics; yeasts; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Ultrasound (US) treatment (33 kHz, 60 W) was applied to freshly harvested strawberry for different time (0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 60, min) and analyzed for the storage period of 15 days at 4 °C. The pH, vitamin C, acidity & total soluble solids were better retained between 30 and 40 min, while as firmness and color of the fruit were found to be optimum between 20 and 30 min. At 40 min treatment time, th ...