Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Boen; Ren, Jiaoyan; Zhao, Mouming; Luo, Donghui; Gu, Longjian
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2012 v.46 no.2 pp. 453-459
- acid treatment; enzymatic hydrolysis; foaming capacity; freezing; homogenization; hydrophobicity; particle size distribution; pepsin; protein isolates; protein solubility; soy protein; thawing
- ... Effects of limited enzymatic hydrolysis with pepsin and/or high-pressure homogenization in acid condition on the functional properties and structure characteristic of soybean protein isolate (SPI) were investigated. Functional properties, including protein solubility, surface hydrophobicity, particle size distribution, the ability of resisting freezing/thawing, foaming properties and dynamic surfa ...
- Chee, K.L.; Ling, H.K.; Ayob, M.K.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2012 v.46 no.2 pp. 419-427
- hydrophobicity; soy protein isolate; digestibility; trypsin; emulsifying; foaming capacity; molecular weight; lysine; models; response surface methodology; emulsifying properties; solubility; temperature; infants; Food and Agriculture Organization; slurries; palm kernel cake; essential amino acids; nutritive value; pH; foams; World Health Organization
- ... The extraction of palm kernel cake protein (PKCP) was enhanced by trypsin-assisted assay. From the Response Surface Methodology (RSM) generated model, the optimum conditions were using trypsin at concentration 1.36 g/100 g, reacted on palm kernel cake (PKC) slurry (1.1 g/100 mL) at 50 °C and pH 9.5. The trypsin extracted protein yield (61.99 ± 0.74 g/100 g) was significantly (P < 0.05) higher than ...