Jump to Main Content
- Telfser, Anna; Gómez Galindo, Federico
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 148-155
- Ocimum basilicum; air drying; basil; color; electrical treatment; freeze drying; guard cells; leaves; permeability; rehydration; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; smell; stomata; trichomes; vacuum drying; water content
- ... The effect of reversible permeabilization as pre-treatment before air drying at 40 °C, vacuum drying and freeze drying was investigated. The parameters of the electric treatment provoked reversible permeabilization of the tissue causing the guard cells to open stomata (65 pulses of 650 V/cm, 150 μs pulse width, 760 μs between pulses). The drying times of each of the tested drying methods were adju ...
- Martínez-Navarrete, N.; Salvador, A.; Oliva, C.; Camacho, M.M.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 57-61
- ascorbic acid; bioactive compounds; biopolymers; color; energy; energy costs; freeze drying; fruit products; fruits; gum arabic; processing time; product quality; temperature; whey protein isolate
- ... Freeze-drying is a dehydration process with a minimal effect on product quality. For this reason, it is especially adequate for use with food rich in bioactive compounds, which is the case of fruits. In this sense, despite being a high energy, time-consuming process, increasing opportunities may be expected for the use of freeze-drying to obtain fruit products, mainly if the energy cost is reduced ...