Jump to Main Content
- Martínez-Navarrete, N.; Salvador, A.; Oliva, C.; Camacho, M.M.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 57-61
- ascorbic acid; bioactive compounds; biopolymers; color; energy; energy costs; freeze drying; fruit products; fruits; gum arabic; processing time; product quality; temperature; whey protein isolate
- ... Freeze-drying is a dehydration process with a minimal effect on product quality. For this reason, it is especially adequate for use with food rich in bioactive compounds, which is the case of fruits. In this sense, despite being a high energy, time-consuming process, increasing opportunities may be expected for the use of freeze-drying to obtain fruit products, mainly if the energy cost is reduced ...
- Khampakool, Apinya; Soisungwan, Salinee; Park, Sung Hee
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 355-363
- bananas; electric power; energy; freeze drying; freezing; hardness; models; snacks; texture; weight loss
- ... Efficacy of infrared assisted freeze drying (IRAFD) was investigated to produce banana snacks. Infrared (IR) lamp was installed into freeze dryer. Various IRAFD trials including the continuous IRAFD-2.7 kW/m2, IRAFD-2.7 kW/m2 at 20% weight reduction (WR), and IRAFD-2.7 kW/m2 at 20% WR to 4.0 kW/m2 at 0 °C were performed. Continuous IRAFD could significantly reduce the drying time up to 213 min com ...