Jump to Main Content
- Telfser, Anna; Gómez Galindo, Federico
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 148-155
- Ocimum basilicum; air drying; basil; color; electrical treatment; freeze drying; guard cells; leaves; permeability; rehydration; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; smell; stomata; trichomes; vacuum drying; water content
- ... The effect of reversible permeabilization as pre-treatment before air drying at 40 °C, vacuum drying and freeze drying was investigated. The parameters of the electric treatment provoked reversible permeabilization of the tissue causing the guard cells to open stomata (65 pulses of 650 V/cm, 150 μs pulse width, 760 μs between pulses). The drying times of each of the tested drying methods were adju ...
- Reale, Anna; Di Renzo, Tiziana; Preziuso, Marco; Panfili, Gianfranco; Cipriano, Luigi; Messia, Maria Cristina
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 468-475
- bakers yeast; breadmaking; freeze drying; freezing; lactic acid bacteria; sensory properties; sourdough; spray drying
- ... Aim of the study was to produce traditional and typical breads using stabilized sourdough starter without the addition of baker's yeast activator. To this end, the spray drying technique was investigated as an alternative tool to freezing, freeze drying and drying techniques to preserve sourdough starter. The stabilized sourdoughs were used in breadmaking to assess the ability to leaven and fermen ...