Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Jia; Yu, Xiuzhu; Geng, Qiaona; Li, Mengjun
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.91 pp. 477-483
- walnut oil, etc ; emulsions; pH; sugars; temperature; walnuts; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... To destabilize the emulsion during aqueous extraction processing (AEP) and improve oil yield of walnuts, sugar-aided aqueous extraction (SAAE) with optimized extraction parameters was explored. Demulsification mechanism using Span 20 at acidic pH during SAAE was discovered. Highest walnut oil yield (90.74%) was obtained at sugar solution of 1 mol/L, solvent-to-sample ratio of 4:1, and extraction t ...
- Baba, Waqas N.; Jan, Kaunser; Punoo, Hilal A.; Wani, Touseef Ahmed; Dar, Mohd Masarat; Masoodi, F.A.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.92 pp. 242-249
- walnut oil, etc ; antioxidant activity; emulsions; essential fatty acids; fatty acid composition; guar gum; linseed oil; malondialdehyde; oxidative stability; pH; polyunsaturated fatty acids; shelf life; viscosity; walnuts; yogurt; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The present study aimed at fortification of yoghurt with walnut and flaxseed oils using guar gum. Both the oils were added separately at a concentration of 2% along with two different concentrations of guar gum (0.025% and 0.05%). Fortified yoghurt samples were studied for functional, rheological, microbial and antioxidant properties. Fatty acid profile and oxidative shelf-life of the product was ...