Jump to Main Content
- Zheng, Y.H.; Wang, S.Y.; Wang, C.Y.; Zheng, W.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2007 v.40 no.1 pp. 49
- titratable acidity, etc ; strawberries; fruits (food); Fragaria ananassa; postharvest treatment; food storage; air; oxygen; cold storage; storage time; shelf life; fruit quality; food nutrient losses; phenolic compounds; anthocyanins; color; soluble solids; pH; appearance (quality); Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Changes in fruit quality, decay, phenolic and anthocyanin content, and antioxidant capacity of strawberries (Fragaria x ananassa Duch. cv. Allstar) stored under air and high oxygen atmospheres at 5 degrees C were investigated. Freshly harvested strawberries were placed in jars and ventilated continuously with air or with 40, 60, 80, or 100 kPa O-2 at 5 degrees C for up to 14 days. Samples were tak ...
- Sampedro, Fernando; Phillips, John; Fan, Xuetong
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2014 v.55 no.1 pp. 189
- acidity, etc ; absorbance; catechol oxidase; enzyme activity; enzyme inactivation; equations; exposure duration; fruit juices; lipoxygenase; models; pH; peroxidase; prediction; response surface methodology; synergism; temperature; ultraviolet radiation; vegetables; wavelengths; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The combined thermal (25–65 °C) and ultraviolet processing (UV-C) effects on lipoxygenase (LOX), peroxidase (POD) and polyphenoloxidase (PPO) at different pH values (4.0–7.0) were studied using a central composite design. An initial screening design revealed that all factors had a significant effect on enzymatic activity except wavelength which showed a negligible effect. A synergistic effect was ...