Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Yunpeng; Luo, Yaguang; Wang, Qin
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2012 v.48 no.2 pp. 283
- antioxidant activity, etc ; Escherichia coli; antibacterial properties; carvacrol; dispersions; essential oils; freeze drying; hydroxyl radicals; microencapsulation; nanoparticles; pH; thymol; zein; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Two essential oils (EOs), thymol and carvacrol, with similar chemical structures were encapsulated in the nanoparticles of zein using the liquid–liquid dispersion method. Three different pH treatments were applied to study the nanoparticles' morphology, structure, antioxidant property, and antimicrobial activity. The nanoparticles for all treatments were well dispersed in water. After lyophilizing ...
- Wang, S.Y.; Ballington, J.R.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2007 v.40 no.8 pp. 1352
- antioxidant activity, etc ; small fruits; Vaccinium; free radical scavengers; genetic variation; genotype; fruit quality; anthocyanins; phenolic compounds; enzyme activity; cyanidin; galactosides; carbohydrates; free radicals; reactive oxygen species; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione reductase (NADPH); superoxide dismutase; ascorbate peroxidase; peroxidases; oxidoreductases; glutathione dehydrogenase (ascorbate); Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Fruit from three genotypes ('B-76', 'B-59' and 'SHF-3A') of deerberry [Vaccinium stamineum L.] were evaluated for fruit quality, total anthocyanin and phenolic contents, antioxidants, antioxidant capacity, and antioxidant enzyme activity. The fruit soluble solids, titratable acids, total anthocyanins, and total phenolic contents varied with genotypes. Cyanidin 3-galactoside and cyanidin 3-arabinos ...